A little brain food for you today. Introducing Five Fast Facts. Quick tidbits on nutrients and other dietary related matters. First up, Magnesium!
- 50-60% of all the Magnesium in the body is found in your bones.
- Magnesium is essential to the proper function of over 300 enzyme systems in the body.
- Outside of bone structure the 3 most important roles for magnesium are: muscle relaxation, nerve signal transmission, and making stored sugar available for energy use.
- Top 3 dietary sources: Nuts, Fish, and Whole Grains.
- Magnesium citrate is the fastest working laxative available without a prescription. Be near a bathroom (and hopefully alone) when using.
Hope you feel a little smarter! I know I do…