If there is one food that has changed my eating habits it’s olive oil. Extra virgin. Or as chefs and chef wannabes call it, EEVO. It’s significantly changed my diet.
I was inspired to try it after watching Jaime Oliver on the Naked Chef finish every dish with a couple of glugs of EEVO. I haven’t looked back. Typically I go through a 16 ounce bottle a month.
It’s really the perfect food. It’s heart healthy. Gives your food a flavorful boost. And can be used in several different ways. Let me count them…
- Don’t like veggies? Drizzle olive oil over the finished product before eating. Add some parmesan and salt and any veggie instantly becomes palate friendly
- Instead of a smear of mayo to add some moisture to your sandwich, drizzle it inside before devouring.
- Mix it with good quality balsamic vinegar in a 2:1 ratio for a healthy and light salad dressing.
- Fill a small carafe with EEVO and add a twist of ground pepper. Nuke for 10 seconds and get to dipping whole grain bread. My favorite snack.
- Although other oils work better in some situations, I almost exclusively use olive oil when cooking. It’s never let me down.
- Brush it on bread in place of butter before making a grilled cheese sandwich. You’ll have a crisp, not soggy, comfort food.
Now’s the time to enjoy this super food. Be sure to buy a receptacle like the one shown is a necessity. The spout is smaller so the flow is easier to control than the store-bought bottle.
Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day….? Ah screw it, pass the EEVO….